allablogmatthew25

allablog serving and seeing Jesus in the drug addict, mentally ill, prisoner, homeless, stranger (the heart of the Gospel)

Name:
Location: Mojave, Malibu, Federal Way, California, Washington, United States

Mountaintop Sea Ministries International is a non-profit Christian ministry with permanent status as a public charity. Captain Bill Schweizer-missionary, is the founder. Our mission is to "seek and save the lost"; help the widows and orphans in Muslim Kashmir(India); and remember the fallen stranger (Matthew 25) by a commemoration and a prayer for grace at the moment of the "awful overtaking".

Monday, July 13, 2009

Remember the Stranger-Holy Ground Again

The crash site where Captain Glen W. Edwards, Major Daniel M. Forbes, Jr., 1Lt. Edward L. Swindell, Civilian Clare C. Lesser, and Civilian C. H. LaFountain's ashes are has now been restored to holy ground. I removed all garbage, picked up thousands of pieces of shot up wine, beer, and whiskey bottles, and repaired over a thousand feet of barbwire-chicken wire fencing protecting their ashes again from humans and animals. I put two information boxes on the cedar corner posts with free handouts inside with my prayer and info about the crash. I also put up a couple small American flags. The last thing I did was make five large crosses and mount them to the steel fence posts facing toward Edwards Airforce Base. The crosses are approximately five feet high and the their tops about ten feet above the ground. I made the crosses from the stem of the desert agave plant-a white round stem like bamboo. After they were securely mounted I noticed numerous dark brown horizontal patterns in the bark about three inches long and a quarter inch wide. I looked closely and this pattern resembles a flying wing.
I worked on restoring the crash site to holy ground for three months in the desert heat, cold, wind, and even snow.
My pure black female German Shepherd Ninja was always with me and was my faithful companion. I kept her tied up because I didn't want her roaming on holy ground. When I finished restoring the crash site to holy ground I let her "inspect" what I had been doing. As you probably know German Shepherds have a keen sense of smell and are used to sniff out people in avalanches and collapsed buildings etc. Ninja used her sense of smell and went right to the area of the crash site where the ashes are.
I'm always amazed how the Lord works-i. e. the flying wing pattern in the bark and Ninja going right to the ashes but the Lord wasn't done. While I was working at the crash site two marine fighter jets flew over at ground level showing the flag, a four engine marine transport flew over at ground level showing the flag, a civilian experimental jet flew over at ground level showing the flag, and many times the L.A. Water Department helicopter flew directly overhead showing the flag. Thank you Lord.
I am humbled to have been able to restore this crash site to holy ground again and know the spirits of Captain Glen W. Edwards, Major Daniel M. Forbes, Jr., 1Lt. Edward L. Swindell, Civilian Clare C. Lesser, and Civilian C. H. LaFountain are thankful they are no longer strangers and are remembered again.

1 Comments:

Blogger pismolocal said...

Just out exploring the desert and I came upon this grave. At first I wasnt sure what it was, it is in very bad shape. The wind,sun and everything else have have taken a toll on this site. I did however find one of your printed blogs still under a small flower pot. Very interesting and glad I was able to know the history of this spot. You just never know what you will stumble on in the desert. I too am exploring with my German Shepherd, Sampson. He is my desert buddy. Best regards and God bless.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home